private debt and hybrid capital transactor
Westbrooke Alternative Asset Management (“WAAM”), amongst other activities, is a South African disruptive private lender, focusing on the extension of innovative and client-focused funding solutions to a variety of lower–middle market companies, entrepreneurs, investment holding companies, alternative lenders, real estate and private equity sponsors across multiple sectors in South Africa.
Westbrooke is seeking to employ a highly driven, entrepreneurial individual with strong deal-making experience and interpersonal skills to fulfill the role of Private Debt and Hybrid Capital transactor in South Africa. This role will include: deal sourcing, negotiating, analysis, execution, ongoing management, staff management, strategy implementation and new product development alongside the WAAM team.
key role requirements:
- Initiate and lead deal sourcing and structuring, negotiation, analysis and execution
- Build relationships with partners, advisors and other investment professionals in South Africa
- Taking transactions from “cradle to grave”, ultimately ending with approval by the investment committee
- Manage due diligence processes for potential transactions
- Ongoing client and deal management
- Build and maintain professional working relationships with partners and key stakeholders
- Obtaining references on potential partners from relevant industry participants
- Contribute to a dynamic and collaborative team that works to achieve collective goals
candidates must have the following character traits:
- Be from a financial background with a proven track record of deal-making – previous experience in investment banking, leveraged finance, mezzanine finance or private equity, etc.
- Have outstanding quantitative and qualitative analytical skills; strong knowledge of finance and lending.
- Have an entrepreneurial mindset with high levels of accountability, drive and ambition to grow a successful business